Thursday, November 24, 2011

What I am Thankful for this Thanksgiving Day!


Today, most of us will sit down and share a Thanksgiving meal with loved ones this afternoon, unless you are standing in front of Best Buy. And since Thanksgiving is a day to give Thanks, I felt as if it was only appropriate to do just that.

2011 has given me more than my fair share to be Thankful for. I have been given opportunities I never imagined possible. No matter what you opinion of Extreme Couponing, I am truly thankful for it and the opportunity to be featured on it. Without it, I would not be here sharing this, my blog, my life and my feelings with all of you. It opened more doors for me than I ever expected.

When I first agreed to the show, I thought that would be that. I would film, watch the show and never hear about it again. But now 10 months after I first started the process, I am here, still talking about it. I am so thankful to all of the news outlets that have given me the chance to promote Coupon Phenomenon. Great Day St Louis, KDSK, Fox 2 with Randi have all helped to keep the blog alive with promotions! And probably the biggest Thank you goes out to Cornbread in the Morning and crew! Every week they give me a chance to call in and share deals with you and I absolutely love it! Whoever thought that radio would be the most fun of all!

I also need to Thank all of you, the Coupon Phenomenon readers! As much as all of the promotion helps, without all of you coming everyday to check the deals and listen to my occasional rants, this blog would have tanked a long time ago. I know I may not get every weekly coupon match up out on time or email answered as quickly as I would want. But you all keep coming back, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I never in a million years thought that people would want to listen to me or read what I write, but you have and I am forever grateful. You all are really what keeps me going. Not everyday is easy, and I try my very best to keep up with all of this. So, THANK YOU ALL, so much for coming back, day after day. Thank you for coming to my classes, thank you for reading, thank you for EVERYTHING! Without knowing it, you all have help to change my life and make it better everyday. And I truly hope that Coupon Phenomenon has a long life, because it is now an extension of me, and it is because of all of you! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

And last but not least, Thank you to my family, friends, and most importantly Chris. My family helped shape me, helped me out of debt and to learn to save, which in turn, made me learn to coupon. Thank you to my friends for helping me when it came to the show, for listening to me rant and try to convince you to coupon.

And Chris, without him, I never would have started to coupon. I never would have been able to do so much without his constant encouragement. Everyday he is right there, on the good and bad days, when I get coupon angry and when I call excited to tell him about the deal I just scored! He has come with me on every midnight Shop N Save trip and never complained. I even threatened to punch him on camera, even though I think I may have told him I love him so much even more on camera, the threat was more dramatic! Since I started Coupon Phenomenon, I have given up a bit more "us" time, but he has been understanding and patient, every single step of the way. I could never have asked for a better partner in life. Thank you bubby for pushing me to work hard and loving me everyday.

Again, Thank you all for keeping Coupon Phenomenon alive, and in return I will promise to always give you my best! Thanks so much for coming everyday and I hope you continue for a long time!

I hope we all have wonderful Thanksgivings full of food, fun and love. And then later tonight or tomorrow, we get back to scoring big deals! And I will keep trying to get the great deals out today and until my hands fall off!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment