Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just had to air my mind...



This morning I woke up to a very disheartening facebook post from a reader and I worry that she may not be the only person out there that feels this way.

She stated she has been felt she had been lead on "wild goose chases" due to my site and that has never been my intention. I post these deals as I find them. Some come to me through email and others are word of mouth from readers and still, some are just things I know to be true or have done the research for myself.

The CVS soda deals appears to not be printing for each person, which is disappointing, and I apologize for not stating that before. I know I personally received an email about this deal, and that is why I posted it.

I can assure you that I do as much due diligence on these deals as possible. My only intention for anything I post has always been to help you save money in the same manner that I do. I try to post things that interest me as this is how I am saving money.

I apologize that I do not always get to comments or emails as quickly as I would like. I work full time and I am still trying my best to keep the blog updated for you all. And most deals, especially samples and such, I do myself before I post to make sure it works.

I definitely understand what it is like to go to a store and expecting to find a deal, only to find that when you get there, it was a regional deal or the store was sold out. It can be incredibly frustrating and disheartening. But I promise, that I try my best to only post the most legitimate deals, because I don't want you to feel frustrated.

Saving money should be fun! And don't give up just because you may not be able to score every deal!




10 comments:

  1. My coupon did not print at CVS either, but I just told them that I received an e-mail about the promotion and they gave me the deal anyway!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your site and all of the information you provide. I know that not everything is always available in my area, but also know that it is up to me to due my homework as well to know what the deals are at my stores. Thanks for making couponing and shopping a bit easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Im sorry that someone has made you feel this way. I know I am very appreciative of all YOUR hard work looking and posting deals on your site. If someone thinks you are sending them on a wild goose chase, then let them do what you do and have them start their own website. I have realized over my life, there are just some people that are mean and that can never be made happy. Please don't give this person another moment of thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shared the CVS deal with a friend and when she went it didn't print for her...the employees told her that it seems to be random...but the e-mail about the deal clearly states "one coupon per card." So I printed a copy to take with me when I go today. And shoot, don't feel bad...sometimes I hit up stores that are out of stuff but that's not your fault or the fault of any other of the websites I frequent. In this economy everybody is looking for deals...so until I'm ready to hit Walgreens/CVS/and every blooming grocery store in StL at 6am on Sunday when the doors open (except for Shop-n-Save which we hold off until Thursday at 1201am :-), I gotta expect that some deals are going to be gone. Funny story about me a couple of weeks ago I was running around like a MAD WOMAN looking for that Colgate deal at Walgreens...every single store I went to during that week was sold out...finally, I got so tickled with myself and thought 1. you don't need toothpaste to begin with AND 2. you don't even use Colgate! so even I had found it, I would have donated it! It's like the CVS gas deal...last week there wasn't $30 bucks of stuff I wanted even with coupons and ECBs to make me want to purchase stuff for the gas card...but the week before you bet your bippy I purchased my weight in fruity and cocoa pebbles to get the deal. YOU are the bringer of good news and available deals...YOU are definitely NOT at fault if a store has run out of an item. and before I start talking in ALL CAPS and EXCLAMATION POINTS I'll wrap it up and say KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Debbe D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please don't let people like that bother you, I know it's easier said than done but the majority of us know that you are trying to help us not make us run around the city. I appreciate all the deals you post, as it has saved me a bunch of money and I've only been doing this for 2 months! Please keep up the good work. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes deals work, sometimes they don't. I still got a great price for it there anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate your hard work....and thank you very much for doing the leg work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't let one bad apple ruin it for you. The majority of us REALLY appreciate your help and the time you have dedicated to making OUR couponing easier. THANK YOU so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate all you do on your website. Because of your blog and a couple others, I have been saving hundreds of dollars for the past five weeks and still going strong! I got my best grocery deal to date at Shop N Save this week saving 92%!! Before, I was spending at least $100/week on groceries and household items, this week, I have only spent $23 out of my pocket and was able to purchase and stock up on items I wouldn't normally be able to buy. I've enjoyed trying new products and of course saving money has been the best part.

    It is people like YOU that are teaching people like ME to save money and ease the stress of the rising costs of groceries and save money in ways I never thought possible.

    My only question is, WHY didn't I start this earlier? LOL

    Keep your head up, and please keep sharing with us!

    Thank you for all you do,

    A satisfied reader

    ReplyDelete
  10. You & this site are amazing!! ^ Points Up I agree with everyone else up here! Don't let one bad apple spoil it for you! So what if a deal doesn't work...you just find another one that will...You & this blog have saved sooo many soo much!! We THANK YOU for what you do!!!

    ReplyDelete