Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Saving Money Without Buying Processed Foods



One question I hear all the time is how do I save on fresh produce, meats and dairy? I also get asked how to save without buying processed foods or by buying organic foods.

For me personally, I buy most of my fresh produce at my local farmer's market. You can check out more about that here. But occassionally there are coupons for fresh produce out there.

A few weeks ago when I was in CVS, I found a coupon for $1 off produce WYB 2 boxes of Raisen Bran . Last week, I printed a coupon for $2 off Ribs wyb any KC Masterpiece product.





But for some people, buying any processed food is out of the question. And while there are occassional sales and coupons for organic products and meat and dairy, they just aren't as abundant as others.

But my suggestion to those who want to coupon, but don't want to buy processed food is coupon for items other than food.

I don't think there is a single person I know that doesn't use toilet paper and toothpaste. And luckily with coupons you can get these items for free or next to free.

By couponing for everyday items, personal care products and cleaning supplies and getting those items for free, you will have more wiggle room in your budget for those items that you don't typically have coupons for like produce.

Think about it this way: Imagine you are spending $100 a week on groceries, cleaning supplies and personal care items, and half of that is the personal care items and cleaning supplies. If you start couponing you can get FREE body wash, tissues, deodorant, and CHEAP toilet paper, diapers and paper towels. That will take a HUGE chunk out of that budget giving you extra money to spend on other things or apply to savings.

While it may not be the extreme savings you see on TV, it will make a difference!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment