Sunday, April 10, 2011
A Few Tips for Beginners
I wanted to start you all off with a few of my favorite tips that helped me out when I began couponing. I wasn't always an "Extreme Couponer" but some of these helped to get me off on the right foot.
I will be going into more detail later on about each tip and why they are important, as well as other topics including stockpiles and coupon ethics.
I hope these tips will help you as you begin learning more about couponing. And if you have been couponing for awhile, feel free to leave some of your favorite tips in the comments!
1. Buy at least 2 Sunday Papers each week, and if you have a large family, buy one paper for each member of your family.
2. Don't get overwhelmed by all of the coupon sites and blogs. Choose 2 or 3 that shares deals and follow them.
3. Start small. You won't be an Extreme Couponer over night. Like with all things, Practice makes perfect. Try to do one or two deals at first, then build up!
4. Know your rights. Each store has a different corporate coupon policy. Keep a printed copy with you so if a cashier won't accept a coupon, you have their policy in hand.
5. Have fun! Couponing shouldn't be something that makes you miserable, find what works best for you and enjoy saving money!
Check back for more deals and tips!